1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manual Phone Book Entries

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by -bc-, Apr 27, 2008.

1. -bc-

-bc- New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I know this has been asked before but the answer didn't work for me. I have an iPhone which doesn't download its phone book via bluetooth so I'd like to manually enter my most commonly dialed numbers into either the phone book or the "one touch" group.

A previous answer (which worked for the questioner) was "While Stopped, press the off-hook button on the steering wheel, then press 'Phone Boiok' on the MPF. You should see a Register 'soft' button at the top of the screen. Press it and go to town"

Well, I don't see a "Register" soft button. Anyone have any ideas? This is a 2005 Prius.

Thank you.

2. Ron K

Ron K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2004 Prius doesn't have an option for manually entering phone numbers (my new 2008 does). So I don't know if your 2005 has the manually entered option.

Are you sure the i phone can't send a contact via bluetooth?
    Ron

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi -bc-, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:

You can't enter phone numbers manually in a 2005. It was all our complaining that got that in 2006+ models. You may not be able to send your phone book, but you can probably send entries one at a time. Or find a phone that will work with the Prius fundamental hands free and use it to get your numbers in.

4. milazotes

milazotes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    See below!

5. milazotes

milazotes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have tried, unsuccessfully, to transfer data from my Blackberry. The only successful phone in my possession was my Motorola. Your I Phone doesn't surprise me but it is the norm. It really is a pain in the rear that we can't do it. I am thinking that we should be able to flash the RAM to update it to the same abilities of the '08's. Anyone know if that is possible?