1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manual Setting of ICE 'on' delay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by miketoyo, Apr 12, 2006.

1. miketoyo

miketoyo Junior Member

Friends,

Please let me know if there is a series of 'keystrokes' (like the NAV override) which cause a longer delay for the onset of the gas engine. My chief mechanic hinted at this and I was curious if anyone had discovered the pattern.

Thank you.

mike

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all i know of is the EV switch.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(miketoyo @ Apr 12 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]238922[/snapback]</div>
    I am not sure I want to know but I have not heard of such an adjustment. I do not think that the Nav Override came from a US Prius Tech. I do know the Nav Overide originated on non hybrid Lexus site and works on the 04-05 Prius because of similar software. Most recent recall for the 04s and early 05s may or may not have adjusted that, but that is speculation based on observation. As far as anyone is aware there are no dealer definable options for adjusting the ICE on delay in the Service Manual. There Prius Techs and Master Tech on the sits and they may choose to confirm or not. I need to talk to one latter this week and I will ask him. He however knows that several of us are "interested" in extending our MPG and I think he would have mentioned it to us. Is this person who talked to you a Prius Certified Tech or is the Service Writer, or Service Manager, at the dealer that made this statment?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 12 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]238927[/snapback]</div>
    Oops forgot about that one!!! Thanks. B)