1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

manually entering contacts in Bluetooth (2008)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mkappy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Mkappy

Mkappy New member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Since most of the posts dealing w/manually entering UR contact list are about older Priuses has anything new come about which deals with this issue? I have an IPHONE and it will not transfer the contacts--although everything else BlueTooth works fine w/it.
    And how do I retrieve the list of the LAST 6 Callers?

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Welcome,

If you are stationary the simple way to see Last 6 callers (to your car) is push:
    Off hook switch>>call log>>incoming.

Another way is on MFD only push:
    Info>>telephone>>call log>>incoming.

When you're moving, forget about it.

Prius Bluetooth has only been available with the current gen. after the 1st or 2cd model year, there is nothing "old Prius" about it. Nothing has been updated.
    For iPhone specifics do a search, there is lots of info about it here.

3. Bear68

Bear68 Member

I always use the Toyota Bluetooth Phone website to check compatibility of any cell phone with any Toyot bluetooth system. It is relatively up to date and accurate. It will tell which features are available with each model of phone and each service provider.

4. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My understanding is there is not yet an approved way to automatically update a contact list. The probolem (I believe) is with the device manufacturer, not the vehicle receiver. I have heard tell of some folks who have written device specific scripts to update an entire list without manual intervention but i would urge a high level of caution when considering implementing some sort of script written by someone you do not know.

The device manufacturers typically have disabled a fair amount of bluetooth functionality in an effort to "encourage" device owners to purchase additional services from their carrier.