1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map button stopped working..now controls audio??!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gav, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Gav

Gav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

So, I have this really weird problem that started with my Prius (Canadian, 2010 model with the Technology package - ie, including Nav). I'm hoping someone else may have some ideas about this, because no amount of googling has given me much insight.

About 3-4 months ago, pressing the map button stopped switching to the map display. Instead, when a Bluetooth music device is attached, it now causes a skip to the next song. It may also do something similar when other audio sources are connected, but we almost always have an iPhone hooked up via Bluetooth, so I don't know.

The map feature itself still works - we can get to the regular 'follow-my-car' display using the voice 'Map' command. Nothing appears wrong with the touchscreen itself - just the map button behaves weirdly.

The problem at first seemed to go away if we hadn't been driving for a while, but now it's happening all the time. Last time we had it at the dealer, it was in one of these intermittent states, and they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Thanks,
    -Gav

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i hope someone can help you.:p all the best!(y)

3. Zedknepplin

Zedknepplin semper prius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi Gav,

My wife's 2013 head unit would go blank when apps or audio button were pressed. Called Toyota and tried a few things. Ended up going to dealer for replacement head unit under warranty.

-Zed