1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map DVD Cover Open Error

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by elvira, Feb 10, 2010.

1. elvira

elvira New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I searched, but could not find any info on this error message.
    My husband took the car to the dealer last week, for a regular maintenance, and today when I tried to see map, I got this error message. It said to close the map dvd cover. where is this cover? I looked under the driver seat and found the black box. the plastic covers the back of it. can anyone please help? I have to drive to a new area tomorrow and was planning on using the GPS. Thanks!

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am guessing that the cover is the part that covers the DVD slot. This is under the drivers seat, toward the rear of the vehicle. The best way to access it is to slide the seat all the way forward and open the LH rear door to see and reach it easier.

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Push the driver's seat all the way forward. From the back seat, remove the plastic door from the NAV box (this isn't the door that causes the error). Inside is the actual DVD drive. There's a slide that controls the door on the DVD drive. Press it in and slide it to the right, which is the closed position. If this doesn't work, try to open it (move it to the left). The DVD will eject. Put the DVD back in and slide it back to the right.

mdhsabh likes this.