1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map Legend?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bnlfanmatt, Feb 28, 2005.

1. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Alright, I tried to figure this out on my own, but can't. We all have seen the different icons/color on our maps, and know the different POI icons, etc, and you may have come across green areas that is forest (I believe), I think other places have yellow areas (shopping, hospital?) different from the main background area, but I came across a pink area. I've been trying to figure out what pink is, but haven't found it yet. Rather than me driving to the pink area just to find what the hell it is, anyone have any clues, and is there more out there that maybe we should build a map legend thread?

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

College/University land is pink, if I recall correctly.

The POI name for this is "Higher Education." Somewhere there is a thread about a Prius passenger who asked for the driver to push the Voice command button, said "I'm confused," and the POI dots for Higher Education became enabled.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

I'm in no way being flippant here but my mother is buried in one of those pink areas. I pass by it almost every day.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Military bases are a light reddish color, I am not sure I would call it pink. Today I drove past Fort Lewis, Macord AFB, Bremerton Naval Ship Yard and Bangor Sub base and all the same a sort of light red.

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"HIGHER education" and Cemeteries colored the same? Hmmm....

6. jeepien

jeepien Member

Next Right:
    Eternal Rest Community College Ammunition Depot

7. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

just a quick follow up, the pink area (light red maybe) I saw was the old joliet arsenal, now a prairie since 1997. Not that this clarifies the issue that much.

8. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

To further un-clarify, part of the Joliet Arsenal land is now the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery (for veterans). Probably the pink part.