1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map Orientation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Butcher, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Butcher

Butcher New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is there a way to re-orient the map so that it has my car headed toward the front of my car? If I'm heading south the display shows the car headed "down" so roads on the left are really on my right. I think my Garmin corrects for this...

Also, when filling up the gas tank, when do you stop? When the pump clicks off or do you top it off? I'm thinking when the pump shuts off as I have yet to achieve 50 mpg and I've had at least 4 fill ups...

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Press on the compass arrow, that works in a Gen II.

Once the pump clicks off, any topping up you do is at the cost of your emissions system. (true on any car)

I have owned my Prius since April and have only had one 50+ MPG tank. (But 42 MPG sure looks good compared to my last car)

3. Butcher

Butcher New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've calculated 48.7 when the computer says 51.7, I'm OK with the delta but can't wait until > 50...

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I recently had a jump from 42 to 47, for a couple reasons:

I am dodging road construction, so I am taking a slower, longer route. (I would use less gas on the shorter route, so I will go back to it once road construction ends. More MPG does NOT mean less gas used)

It is fall, and I use the A/C less when it is 70 than I do when it is 95.

I have less stuff in my Prius just now, lower weight can mean more MPG.

5. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I like to have mine in schizo mode - I keep the main display in NORTH UP mode, set at .25 or .5 mile, to make sure POIs and Traffic Alerts show, and the sub-display in HEADING UP mode, set at 150 ft. The sub-display switches over to Freeway Exit mode auotomatically (probably a changeable setting for that somewhere). One thing though, you can't get the info from the POIs in the sub-display, only the main display.