1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mark all forums read

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by rohlrogge, Dec 8, 2004.

1. rohlrogge

rohlrogge Rich

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Danny, what's the chance that you could move the location of the 'Mark all forums read' link. I usually read all the latest chat posts by using the 'View posts since last visit' early in the morning at the start of my day and sometimes depending on the timing of my first cup of coffee and my selecting the correct link I have inadvertently clicked 'Mark all forums read' instead of 'View posts since last visit' and boy what a let down - missing a whole day's worth of Prius chat!!

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Danny, I would like to suggest that 'Mark all forums read' be moved to the bottom of the search page. I scroll down the page reading interesting posts and when I reach the end of the list it is necessary to scroll back up to the top of the page in order to 'Mark all forums read'

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This is something that was grating on Evan's nerves, so I figured I'd leave it like that for awhile :)

Enough harassing Evan, though. I've moved the Mark All Forums Read to the top right side where it was many moons ago. I moved it there instead of to the bottom so that I don't get a bunch of emails asking "Where'd that link go?!?!".

Thanks for reminding me.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And I'd just hired the hit men to take you out...I 'think' I can still call them back?!

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, the one that bugs me is the one on the forum Index page. There are 3 options at the top right...

1)View unread post or since last visit or whatever it says is the top one, but not bold faced.

2)mark all as read...larger font and bold faced....kinda makes you want to click it...I'd move that to the bottom or some other area away from the View all unread since there's a tendency to click it since it's so prominant...at least make the Via all unread much larger and bold faced so it is the first thing your eye goes to to hit.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There ya go... better?

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Much better!! :multi:

Now, could you make it neon green, flashing, with big red arrows pointing at it? :wink:

8. rohlrogge

rohlrogge Rich

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, Dan!! You've just gained another fan!!!