1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Marriage, Union of Man + Woman = HATECRIME!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, Jun 11, 2007.

1. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

A cleaner Gentler BigMahma - Posting Newspaper articles! HOW DARE I.

I love liberals. No really - this is such an awesome idea - HATECRIME MARRIAGE!!!

I think we should make banners and picket weddings - that sounds like a good use of my time...

The words "natural family," "marriage" and "union of a man and a woman" can be punished as "hate speech" in government workplaces, according to a lawsuit that is being appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
    Briefs for Good News Employee Association vs. Hicks, which were filed June 5 with the nation's highest court, lists D.C. school board President Robert C. Bobb as one of two plaintiffs. The case originated five years ago in Oakland, Calif., during his tenure there as city manager.
    The dispute began in January 2003, when the two Oakland employees created a subgroup at their workplace called the "Good News Employee Association." It was partly in response to a group of homosexual employees having formed their own group 10 months before and being given access to the city e-mail system. One e-mail, dated Oct. 11, 2002, invited city employees to participate in "National Coming-Out Day."
    When several employees asked whether such a posting was legitimate city business, they got an e-mail from City Council member Danny Wan, reminding them that a "celebration of the gay/lesbian culture and movement" was part of the city's role to "celebrate diversity."
    In response, the Good News employees posted an introductory flier on the employee bulletin board Jan. 3.
    It said: "Preserve Our Workplace With Integrity: Good News Employee Association is a forum for people of faith to express their views on the contemporary issues of the day." It said it opposed "all views which seek to redefine the natural family and marriage," which it defined as "a union of a man and a woman, according to California state law."
    Anyone who wanted to help preserve "integrity in the workplace" was invited to contact the two employees: Regina Rederford and Robin Christy.
    A lesbian co-worker, Judith Jennings, spotted the flier and complained to the city attorney's office that it made her feel "targeted" and "excluded," according to a deposition. The flier was removed by a supervisor because it violated the city's anti-discrimination rules.
    A U.S. District Court for Northern California ruling said the words "natural family" and "marriage" had "anti-homosexual import."
    However, Miss Rederford was told she could announce the group's presence on the city's e-mail system if she removed "verbiage that could be offensive to gay people."

With Love

BigMahma

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So...

Have you never had a job where you were not allowed to post flyers for non-work related events?

For a less inflammatory telling of the story, you can read the original complaint at:
    http://www.oaklandcityattorney.org/PDFS/Op...uling2-2005.pdf

For example, if I posted a flyer at work announcing a meeting of my group that wanted to discuss, "Suppressed research in phrenology reveals the inferior intellectual potential of non-caucasians," I would face disciplinary action. Oops, wait. I forgot. I don't even have a right to post non-work related materials. Big whup.

The flyer in this case, that stated

<blockquote>“Preserve Our Workplace With Integrity,†and explained that GNEA “is a forum
    for people of Faith to express their views on contemporary issues
    of the day. With respect for the Natural Family, Marriage and
    Family values.â€</blockquote>
    could certainly be interpreted as hostile to homosexuals, especially due to the call to "preserve our workplace." In fact, it sounds like such a stupid thing to do it sounds like a plot point from an episode of the office.

And while you can complain about emails about a "National coming out day" etc., those announcements probably didn't say anything to the effect of "Straights not welcome" or "let's rid our workplace of straight values" or they would have faced censure under the city's code as well.

But really. This is a flyer at work. The original court got it right when it said,

In essence, plaintiffs want guidance about what they can and cannot post around
    the office. The court does not dispense this sort of advice.
    The only concrete controversy plaintiffs have presented
    to the court is the controversy over the flyer in the copy room.
    On the undisputed facts of that incident -- considering plaintiffs’
    alternative channels of communication, the form of their speech and
    the ensuing events in their workplace -- the court has concluded
    that plaintiffs’ First Amendment rights were not violated.

3. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jun 11 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]459846[/snapback]</div>
    Well - that's just silly.

Being Gay is due to a physical abnormality in the brain, specifically the hypothalamus - in essence you are defective in some way - like being mentally handicapped... and I have sympathy for those who have this
    ailment - and donate to as many charities as I can afford to look for ways to help those who are unfortunate...

It's okay to celebrate our differences, and i'm sure there are events for them... like their are the special olympics..

But don't give me this crap that the majority of the world needs to give them special privladge because they are handicapped. That is the same as affirmative action in my mind.

If you are handicapped - you shouldn't be given anymore rights than anyone else - this includes gay marraige - and especially includes the ability to adopt children.. anymore than a mentally challenged couple would be allowed to adopt a child..

Love - BigMahma

P.S. I have included this personal disclaimer - so the cry babies don't freak out.

This is all based on verified factual studies. This is my very informed opinion - and is not ment in anyway to disrupt, disturb or otherwise harm anyone in anyway.

This is simply me stating the truth - and my opinion of the truth. If you disagree with this - I am sorry - and if you disagree it is by no means your right to complain that the truth is opposite of what you believe.

In short - I should not be flamed or otherwise looked negativly upon for stating information which is available to the public and in which my PERSONAL BELIEFS ARE BACKED BY FACT.. and yours are not.

For those of you who wonder WHAT FACTS SUPPORT THIS!!! That Gays are, in fact, handicapped...

ENJOY

American Psychological Association. “Statement on Homosexuality.†n. pag. Online. Internet. 4 November 1997.
    Available http://www.psych.org/public_info/HOMOSE~1.HTM.

Burr, Chandler. A Separate Creation. New York: Hyperion, 1996.

Burr, Chandler. “Homosexuality and Biology,†Atlantic Monthly (March 1993): n. pag. Online. Internet. 4
    November 1997. Available http://www.theatlantic.com/atlantic/issues/97jun/burr2.htm.

Hall, J. A. Y. and D. Kimura, “Dermatoglyphic Asymmetry and Sexual Orientation in Men,†Behavioral
    Neuroscience 108 (1994): 1203-1206.

Hamer, Dean and Peter Copeland. The Science of Desire. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1994.

LeVay, Simon. The Sexual Brain. Cambridge: MIT Press, 1993.

Matthews, John. “Supporting the Biological Link.†ASU Research (1994): n. pag. Online. Internet. 4 November
    1997. Available http://toad.asu.edu/rschmag/supporting.html.

Underwood, Nora. “The Hands Have It: A Study Provides A Clue to the Mystery of Sexuality,†Maclean’s 6 Aug.
    1990: 51.

University of California, Davis. “Facts About Homosexuality and Mental Health.†n. pag. Online. Internet. 30
    October 1997. Available http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html...tal_health.html.

Wertz, Dorothy C. “Genetics and Homosexuality,†The Gene Letter 1 (1996): n. pag. Online. Internet. 4
    November 1997. Available http://www.geneletter.org/1196/homosexuality.htm.

“What Do Professional Organizations and Researchers Say?†n. pag. Online. Internet. 1 November 1997.
    Available http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_prof.htm.

4. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 11 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]459821[/snapback]</div>
    Where is a link to the original article?

5. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

6. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 11 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]459885[/snapback]</div>
    Well, you're certainly reliable in your misinformation bibma. I might have bothered to check more of your sources, but your very first one contradicts your own statements. I had to search their site since your link didn't actually work.

Here's what the American Psychological Association actually says:
    In the past, defining homosexuality as an illness buttressed society's moral opprobrium of same-sex relationships (2). In the current social climate, claiming homosexuality is a mental disorder stems from efforts to discredit the growing social acceptance of homosexuality as a normal variant of human sexuality.

1. APA affirms its 1973 position that homosexuality per se is not a diagnosable mental disorder.

http://www.psych.org/psych_pract/coppthera...dendum83100.cfm
    http://www.psych.org/edu/other_res/lib_arc...ives/199216.pdf

Oh, and if you're gonna grab all your cites from a peer-reviewed ... uh, no, online source like ... a personal geocities webpage publication of a paper someone wrote for one of their college classes, you oughta throw in that link too:
    http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/boardw...1/biobasis.html

7. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 11 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]459885[/snapback]</div>
    So many things to hate. So little time.

One of these must be true:

1. You're so far in the closet that you don't even realize you're in there.

2. You're a plant from the Gay Mafia trying to make conservatives look bad.

3. You're one of those God Hates Fags people.

Survey says...

8. Brian04

Brian04 New Member

Thanks very much for your professional medical opinon. I guess I can put my plans for the CPA exam on hold.... SWEET! With all this free time, I think I might just write my congressman... I could probably get a GOVERNMENT CHECK based on your "Let's make THE GAYS look bad" research!

Thanks BigMahma! I look forward to your tax dollars subsidizing my lifestyle choices (and my gov'ment cheese)!

Sometimes I miss the days when bbs trolls were all 15 years old :p

9. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian04 @ Jun 12 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]459966[/snapback]</div>
    *laughs*

that was good.

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How dare you say that.... (didnt you know they Homosexuals are born that way)?

I took my brother to the doctor for a checkup, hes blind in one eye from birth. the doctor stated that the eye was "diseased" and thats why it looks normal but does not work.

I think I was going to rip his head off when he said the eye was "diseased", I asked him what he meant? he said it was a medical term for blindness....

11. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How's the trolling going these days bigmommy?

Trying to overburden the courts with cases on the American Disability Act are we? If gays are disabled, they are entitled to a wealth of compensation for all intolerance you have shown them.

Faulty hypothalamus my Ahole! (The hypothalamus creates and recalls memory, and attaches emotinal value to them,a s well as many other functions, mostly memory related).

Some homosexuals just develop that way (nurture), but more traditional homosexual is usually born that way due to differences in hormonal levels in the womb (nature). You know, the hairy butch lesbian type? That's called higher than normal testosterone. Hormonal levels in humans are a spectrum, there is no correct or incorrect level. There are even people born with no specific gender or ambigious genatalia, and some are born hermaphroditic. So these people, despite functioning completely normal and walking down the street next to you (without you knowing) are according to you, sick and disabled. According to conservatives, these people cannot love anyone, as whoever they find, it could be called a homosexual relationship.

Keep up the good work framing everything in black and white, it's enjoyable to us all!

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh yeah thats the ticket,

Fastest way to stir the FHOP pot....
    Post in-flammatory negitive topics about or regarding "Homosexuals" or the Lifestyle..

13. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Big Mama, did you know that you were at ground zero in the middle of Camp Everything Is Permissable? CEIP for short.

Everything except having a backbone, morals, and a sense of right and wrong. These are the only things not allowed at CEIP.

On the other hand, if you want to stand firm for nothing, have no moral compass and promote every (EVERY) abominal behavior under the sun, then you could run for CEIP president.

I just hope driving a prius never cooresponds to having a membership to CEIP. I'd have to get the super dark tint and sneak into and out of my garage under cover of night... Ridicule and shame to no end..

Hopefully the camp burns down before the ideology spreads. Probably from brimstone from the sky.

Anyhow, just wondering if you knew where you were at here with this topic... Good luck...

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that it would be so much better for everyone, if we could just keep some opinions to ourselves.

15. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LMAO!

You linked to a Geocities page? I've seen some wonderful anti-evolution pages in there. That site is a goldmine for truely scientific information. :lol:

16. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The uneasy relationship that most Americans have with sexuality --their own as well as someone else's-- is portrayed comically in this post.

Also, the DSM (which is *the* standard of reference for medial 'illness') ceased to list homosexuality as a disorder in 1974.

17. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jun 13 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]461089[/snapback]</div>
    Hey now! I've been told by many women that I'm easy with my sexuality. :p

Kidding! I'm not really a whore, I just play one on tv. :)

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, you've got the TV series...would you like to go again...this time, for a major motion picture...?
    [laughing]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jun 13 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]461089[/snapback]</div>
    I think paranoia is still in there, though.

19. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, F8L...

You didn't miss much here in FHOP while you were fishing.

Bigotry is still advertising here.

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patrickindallas @ Jun 13 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]461100[/snapback]</div>
    I wouldn't have expected less. Nor did I assume that many more educated folk would fail to set things right. :)

I did get a primer on the subject while I was fishing though. One older gentleman and a middle-aged bloke were ranting about immigration and "gays" while sippin' beers in the dirt lot above the fishing spot. They were so off in their data I wanted to say something but decided I'd be better served by keeping my line in the water and my mouth shut. :)