1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Martin Eberhard sues Elon Musk and Tesla for libel, slander and breach of contract

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by cwerdna, Jun 13, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is not good. Not good at all! If this lawsuit damages Tesla, and slows the introduction of electric cars onto American roads, it will be a great tragedy.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Word is that this is unlikely to go anywhere. ME seems to be trying to gain attention for his book and probably hoping to extract a little cash from Tesla and EM.

But I do share your concern, Daniel. I hope this thing settles fairly quickly and that Tesla moves forward without disruption.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    so the bottom line; if you start a company, make sure you have the power. so the big question is... has eberhard's departure helped or hurt the company? i really dont remember the reason he was ousted to begin with or if any details were provided other than he may have lacked the technical ability to run a car company, but in a startup, marketing would seem to be just as key a role

personally, i thought he made a greatspokesman for the company and i would have to attribute most of the initial interest in the company to his efforts.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You cannot keep control of a company unless you keep a majority interest. And that's hard to do if you need more than twice as much capital as you are able or willing to put into it. Part of me would love to know why Eberhard was booted out. But the bigger part would rather the whole affair be forgotten, for the good of the company and the furtherance of electric cars.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model: