1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mask off Armrest Scratch?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GusTheCat, Feb 15, 2009.

1. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi I made a pretty big and obvious scratch on the 2009 armrest while removing the seat. I am thinking of applying some paint so that it will not be so obvious. It looks like aluminum on plastic, so I need to find a silver paint with a yellow hue in it. Does anyone know what is the exact color of the paint? What kind of paint to use? Where to buy (hobby shop?)? Or any other idea of making it less obvious short of a piece of duct tape?

I already mentally slapped myself 5 times. Pure black plastic would have fared better.

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you talking about the Door armrest or the console armrest? And are you talking about the soft part of the armrest?

If you are talking about the silver looking part in front of the soft part of the door armrest, the part you are looking for runs around $25, unless you think its worth it to paint, I would replace, if its marked up that bad.

Here is a door pull apart, you won't need to pull the door off it looks like.
    http://members.cox.net/scott.sumners/Prius Speaker Replacement by ~sparky~.pdf

The part is called the switch bezel, I just used a search for Toyota parts, and I found the parts, multiple switch plate $26, single switch plate $23. Probably can find it cheaper also.

3. GusTheCat

GusTheCat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks, yes, it is the "switch bezel" (thanks for letting me know the right name!). Found it, $26 is a bit steep but I am sure a buyer will bargain off that much when I have to sell it. I doubt that I can find a paint with perfect color, but I will give it a shot first. Fortunate that I did not scratch the exterior...