1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master brake cylinder boost assembly failure

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by donleedds, May 8, 2017.

1. donleedds

donleedds New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I recently sold my 2014 Prius trim 5 with 55k miles on the clock. No problems in line with its reputation for reliability. I decided to stick with the same reliable powertrain and make a lateral move to the Ct200h for better handling (but mostly for the comfortable seats).

I purchased a used private party 2013 f sport ct200h 1 month ago. 34k miles on the clock. Test drove and inspected, no problems. With 36k miles on the odometer last week all the lights on my dashboard lit up, lost power steering and brakes. So the car is 4-5 months out of warranty period but well below the 50k mile mark. Come to find out it is a master brake cylinder and boost assembly failure. The part costs $2500 not including 5 hrs of labor. I contacted corporate through Lexus of Seattle and to see if they would subsidize the repair or help out in any form. They flat out denied any assistance. As you can imagine I am not pleased with my Lexus experience. I guess its plain bad luck or maybe other owners can chime in. Just giving a heads up to prius owners since you all have the same powertrain. ~Your cousin ct200h

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

there have been a lot of failures on older prius, and there was/is an extended warranty.

i'm surprised, thought lexus was better than that. can you find a used one?