1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master warning light and transmission park lock

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kdhorses, Jan 19, 2017.

1. kdhorses

kdhorses New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My master warning light came on with the message "The transmission P lock mechanism is abnormal. Park you car at a flat place, and aply the parking brake completely" . I did that but no change. Coincidentally, I needed a jump at the same time because the car wouldn't start when I came out of the store. Could this all be caused by a bad battery?

2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Well the obvious way to answer the question is to replace the battery and see if that fixes the problem.

3. kdhorses

kdhorses New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is my plan but was seeing if any other suggestions are had. Thanks

4. Ernest magnelli

Ernest magnelli New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Cit could be something else,if you read a lot of post,it has me in a tissy, changed battery out of another I am driving,and the battery is good after the dealer said it was bad ??
    I have two a 2004 in original every thing except the major Warner pump changed under recall,and a 2008 that looks like a brand new one but all the lights are lit up and looses power,and battery heating up.?