1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Matrix front bumper cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nveprius, Dec 6, 2011.

1. nveprius

nveprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have an '04 Prius and banged up the front bumper cover. Wanted to know if a Toyota Matrix front bumper cover from the same year would fit on it (without extensive mods, I know anything could fit, but would it bolt right up?).

Also the thread regarding front seats in the Gen II Prius, caused me to think about also trying out some Matrix seats, but not sure if they are much different. Was thinking about all of this, because there is a guy near me who is parting out his '04 Matrix, and I wanted to see if anyone had heard/seen of such things before I tried it out (did searches on this site and the web, and could only find the matrix bumper protector). Thanks for any help.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The Matrix is made entirely in Ontario, Canada for the North American market, while the Prius is made in Japan for a world wide market (and Thailand for an Asian market).

There is no particular reason to suspect there are any parts in common.

3. nveprius

nveprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There might not be a particular reason to suspect they share any parts or any parts would fit, but quite frankly, they do share some parts. Many on this site have installed a Matrix rear sway bar, a direct bolt on to the Prius. Also, the SCCA Solo II FSP Prius used Matrix parts in it's suspension.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/16285-prius-scca-solo-ii-fsp.html

So to anyone who has seen/done such a mod, it would be great to hear from you, or if you are a Toyota tech and have some advice, that would be great, or anyone else who might know?

4. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    seats should fit.....wheels fit.....bumper i don't think the body lines would line up..it would look very ricey

5. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There should be loads of parts in common, just not many (if any) exterior body parts, hybrid parts or model identifiable interior parts. As a general rule, car manufacturers don't design new parts if they already have a part that will do the job without too many compromises.