1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MaxaGloss rip off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by norbert, Dec 24, 2004.

1. norbert

norbert New Member

On Nov. 27 I bought the MaxaGloss wax recommended here. Payment was through PayPal for $27. My payment was confirmed by PayPal.

Since I hadn't received the order, I tried emailing them, but the was returned, and their toll-free number is disconnected.

Norbert

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm,
    Sorry to hear about that...a quick search revealed no other references to a product called Maxagloss. Are you sure it was here that you learned of it?

3. norbert

norbert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"59756)</div>
    It was a post by Arizona Charlie. He wrote it as two words so that's probably why it doesn't come up in a search.

Post about MaxaGloss

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, it's listed as Maxa Gloss (with a space). I googled and couldn't find any solid contact info.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Merry Christmas, Norbert.

I just went through the exact same thing but, fortunately, with a solvent seller who was still in business and my PayPal account was recently credited.

You might want to log in to your PayPal account and file a claim. Click on "Resolution Center" near the top of the page. If you're going to do this, you should do it quickly because, generally, PayPal requires that a complaint be initiated within 30 days of payment.

Good luck!

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :( Hi norbert...

Is is possible you have recourse through PayPal? If the receipient of your $$ is still active on PayPal (now owned by eBay) you might be able to file a complaint.

My 2¢ worth.....