1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

May PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bugs here!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, May 7, 2008.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tonight I upgraded the PriusChat forum software to the latest version of vBulletin. There are several new features that I'll go over later this week, but this thread is to post and report any bugs that you find.

I have re-enabled the Quick Reply and Quick Edit.

Not to self - rebuild templates in the morning.

With the server move and the software upgrade in the last 24 hours, I'm a tired dude and am heading to bed.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't post images to Political Cartoon thread.

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I still can't post a hyperlink, nor can I switch the editor mode. But I love the quick reply! :D

4. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I can't edit my previous post. Neither quick edit or advanced edit works. I both get sent to that page with the "2".

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Tried to post. Hit "Preview Post." Got a page without the preview. Hit the back button. Got the post page, but my post was lost. Too lazy to start over. Either Preview is not working, or something is wrong at my end. I'll post this without a preview.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    P.S. Just noticed Skwyre's post. I get that page with the "2" also, when I try to preview.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm working on these issues. Not sure if it is server or site related right now. Either way, it makes me want to slam my face into my monitor.

Please try to just use the Quick Reply for right now. This is also affecting people who are trying to register.

8. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The quick link to "forums" is missing off of the blue tool bar near the top of the page. I had to go in via the most recent posts, then click on the blue underlined links to get to the Prius chat forums. It wasn't that way yesterday....

Overall, the server performance has been excellent.....

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Codyroo - I have to work on the header links. They got reset when I upgraded the forum software.

I'm not seeing the "page with the 2 on it" problem anymore. Is anyone still having that problem?

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Seems to be working now. I was able to post, including links and photos, and see a preview before posting. And it's a lot faster than it used to be.

Thanks Danny. Great job as always!

11. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Danny, I would like to see the blue NEW posts since last visit tab in the little welcome box in the upper right corner. I thought that was a nice feature.

Secondly, Just let me say THANK YOU!!! I bought my toy 3 1/2 weeks ago. I joined PC 3 weeks ago. Huge wealth of info, smart users, and your efforts. I can't begin to tell you all the info I have gleaned off the postings. I now have a 3" ring binder of double sided printed posts, PDF files, ALL the really important info at my fingertips. 98% of it from PriusChat!!

Well done lad!!

We all owe you many a drink!!

Pat Sullivan KK6PD

12. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good work Danny, when you have the time you might want to change the default to top of page when opening a thread it now goes to the last post on that page.

13. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As I said in the other "upgrade" thread: :thumb:

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The New Posts box is back on the top right.

15. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Opps, never mind the following, it seems to be working fine now.

I think the Search Index may have been lost. I searched for posts by NoMoShocks and found I had only made one post today, None from before that.

16. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    PC seems to be faster now than it's ever been. It's always been worth waiting for. But not having to wait is very nice. Thanks, Danny! (I wonder how long it will be until the user base quadruples and the server can no longer keep up. :D

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When that happens, I'll be more than happy to upgrade to another server. This upgrade appears to have been well worth it.

18. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I posted this in perhaps the wrong thread. It may be a day late, but hopefully helpful.

Danny, I love PC. I've learned a ton from reading posts, asking questions, getting highly valuable responses, but the change-over is testing me a bit.

I regularly get messages saying I can't access PC or an denied. I run over to Hybrid Chat to find out what I can do to get back on, and then I'm almost good to go again. Unfortunately, I've been logged off several times lately -- even in the midst of reading and posting.

I just completed writing a post that would have changed the world and made made grown men weep with newfound appreciation for the arts. Unfortunately, when I clicked "Submit Reply" I was faced with a page telling me I first had to log in. My post was lost, and the OP will never know how much he could have been helped.

Yes, I'm over the top on this one, but really, it isn't the first time this has happened in the past couple of days.

I notice the site is much quicker to read, and I get much quicker responses when searching, reading and even posting (when it works!). I'll be around, but if things are not improving, I will be much more hesitant to post.

Best of luck getting this whole thing completed! If I knew how to help, I'd offer!

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think the problem you experienced in the same on Hyo experienced. After the software upgrade, the "Remember Me" was not checked by default, so the site is only leaving you logged-in for 30 minutes at a time. I just went in and changed it so that the Remember Me is now checked by default. Let me know if you continue to have problems the next time you log-in.

20. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That certainly could be the issue. I went in yesterday and changed it to Remember Me. Hopefully, that solves it.

Thanks for the quick response!