1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mazda Diesel More Popular Than Gas Model In Japan

Discussion in 'Diesels' started by El Dobro, Apr 13, 2012.

1. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm so glad we're not into diesel here. i hate being stuck behind a truck or bus, feel like my lungs are gonna 'splode!

1 person likes this.
  3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not a fan of diesel BUT bisco, that is such an out dated stereotype. How can you compare a modern SUV diesel engine with all the emission kit against a 10 year old bus or truck?

It's like saying you hate cars because you drove a Yugo once in 1992 and it was dreadful.

I would rather have a clean diesel SUV that gets 30 mpg than a petrol one that gets 20. Equally, you don't want the 10 year old diesels we have in Europe without full emission equipment though - they do stink.

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    When I had my '09 diesel, there was no smell nor soot. My neighbors didn't even know it was a diesel. The problem was the car was falling apart around it.

5. Hell's Guardian

Hell's Guardian New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The most interesting feature of this Mazda new Diesels is the low compression ratio, which ended up reducing the generation of NOx, altough it's not as "revolutionary" as it was acclaimed. Even the old Cummins "Big Cam" truck engines had the same 14:1 compression ratio.