1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured MB throws 11Bil of Skin into Electrics

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Nov 28, 2016.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Daimler announces $11 billion investment in electric vehicles | Electrek

Going whole-hog, they admit that they made a mistake in not being a front-runner.

They admit falling behind in the electric vehicle segment, but maybe more to the point they could say they don't like their expensive vehicle sales being diminished?

Just a thought, but at least MB's admitting they've fallen behind with at least one electric on the road already, what does that say for manufacturers that ain't got squat ... much less, still in denial that they're behind.

bwilson4web, Prodigyplace and RCO like this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It also means EV experience, engineers are getting big raises (and pestering head-hunter calls.) Been there, done that in another field, living comfortably.

Bob Wilson

RCO and hill like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no idea, but my money is still on toyota. at least for reasonably priced bev's. i could care less about a merc $100,000. bev. witness the sales of their first model. 2025? have they been having secret talks with land rover?:ROFLMAO: i also understand how 11 billion is invested over a lifetime, it's a trickle, not a flood.

RCO likes this.