1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

McBrunhilde's 2004 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by srellim234, Jun 12, 2024.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've been loaning my Prolong system to McBrunhilde over in San Diego; she picks up when she visits a relative in Las Vegas and returns it on the next visit.

Monday she brought it back on her first leg of a cross country trip. San Diego, here, somewhere in the Midwest, Florida, Virginia, Rhode Island then back home. Long trip.

That car has 340,000 miles and it's still on the original hybrid battery. She has maintained the car meticulously and it's always been garaged when at home. She figures this is the last cross country trip with this car. She might replace the battery this winter or part with the car. She also has a third generation Prius at home.

20 years, 340,000 miles and still trustworthy enough to take it coast to coast with the original pack is pretty impressive.

Prius Rising and Rph74 like this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just passing the well used mark . Yes to the battery leave the 3 parked for home duty etc . I've a customer on central NC w 495K on original battery but cars driven daily45 miles everyday since new everyday.

3. ilostmyprius

ilostmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just got the engine rebuilt on my 09 prius, left it to sit out too long for a year or two. Have over 150k miles on it. Hoping this was worth it rather than just buying a new one.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The only thing with traveling around was a high mileage battery pack as if you're far away from home and it goes south where you're standing at the time you're not going to get a deal like you would at home generally speaking and then you're going to be far away have to pay for everything at a high rate etc etc unless you're on vacation and you're at your second home your parents home something where you've got a little bit of wiggle room when you're on vacation and all of that everything is at prime rates if you will and be in the hot spot in the country and oh my God it could cost you three times You're an anomaly 15 17 years on a battery pack of any kind for sure You're on the outer fringes of something so when it goes south I don't know I'd kind of want to be in my home market where I have people I know and things like that going on I mean it is a nice story to tell people yeah I'm sitting here on my original battery 22 years in but hey I can do without the stories and keep my money from multiplying five times because I'm out of town.

5. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A. As I pointed out, she still trusts it enough after another conditioning to take it on this trip but she plans on replacing it in the fall no matter what happens. Occasionally a battery pack will fail abruptly but usually there are signs (wild meter swings, things acting up, etc.) and she isn't seeing any.

B. Please use punctuation. Rambling and running on posts are extremely difficult for some of us in our 70s to follow. Thanks.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah you run it till it dies that's right until the wild swings happen and all that If you don't oh well then you don't.