1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mechanic in Colo Springs for oil change?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KCobby, Jun 24, 2010.

1. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

I'm hoping to get my oil changed in Colorado Springs today. Anyone have a mechanic or garage they trust here?? All help welcomed...
    :thumb:

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Might I suggest attempting it yourself? There are tons of guides on how to do it, and it can save you time and money, as well as the satisfaction that the job was done right.

You don't have to worry about the mechanic overfilling, using the wrong grade of oil, using contaminated oil, and not bothering to change the filter...

It's extremely easy, and minimally messy - once you've mastered it.

3. RolfS

RolfS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are several Toyota dealers that a google search shows. So if you are out of town you should have no problem in finding one. Other than that learn to do it yourself, it is real simple. :)

4. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I'm not local and I don't have any container to catch the oil with - and rather than spending a few bucks on that, I figured I would just see if someone had a guy I could help support in town. But I maybe I'll do it myself when I have more time next week.