1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mechanic Recommendation in Phili or Princeton?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by apostasy10, Aug 7, 2008.

1. apostasy10

apostasy10 Junior Member

Anyone know of a good independent (ie, not a dealership) Prius mechanic in the Philadelphia or Princeton, NJ area? I'm looking for someone who is going to look at everything per the Toyota maintenance schedule, but who I can also trust when they recommend something getting replaced (which I usually can't with dealerships). And I guess I'm looking for someone who has a good deal of experience working on hybrids.

Thanks much in advance,
    Ben

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ben, welcome. Since I'm in the area here's my 2c. The Prius is relatively low maintenance so don't expect to find many people with hybrid experience. All we're looking at are oil changes & tire rotations which anyone can do. Buy the air filters on line & change them yourself. I go to Victory Auto on Inman Ave. in Cinnaminson (down by the river across from the glass factory). Mine was the 2nd Brian worked on. I gave him John's manual so he doesn't do the things that annoy us.