1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mechanic Recommendation - Long Beach , CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LINDA FAYE, Apr 26, 2021.

1. LINDA FAYE

LINDA FAYE New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi all:

Newbie here. Have a 2009 Prius that I've owned for 3 yrs (160K miles), recently retired and looking for a capable and affordable mechanic. Just recently, needed a "tuneup" and the Prius specialty shops I went to pretty much told me there is no such thing as a tune up, just the 150K mile service to the tune of $400-500. Admittedly, haven't done much maintenance but on fixed income that kind of $$ is hard to come by right now, even though I know I will need to plan for maintenance over the long term. My previous mechanic who was really good about working around my budget and didn't mind just doing minimal maintenance that I requested is no longer working due to illness. Wondering if someone can make a recommendation for a good mechanic who is known to be affordable - don't need a high tech shop - jst basic maintenance. Realize I will need to do the recommended service intervals but not able to right now. I'm near Long Beach/Downey area. Thanx in advance!

2. Bill Cossaboom

Bill Cossaboom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a new owner, 2003 Prius gen 1 in Long Beach also looking for mechanic or hobbyist. If you're still here lemme know if you hear of anyone. I'll do the same. Ciao.