1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Media player won't show DVD video

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by JWahrenberger, Jun 24, 2012.

1. JWahrenberger

JWahrenberger New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Yesterday I drove home my new Prius V (model 5) with the advanced technology pacakage. I love everything about it - it seems like a huge step up from my prior 2006 Prius that was passed along to my daughter as a graduation gift a month ago ... except I'm having DVD playback problems. And yes, I have seen the other posts on this topic and I have tried it both with the vehicle in the "accessory" mode and also when "On" and parked with the e-brake engaged. This doesn't seem to be the issue.

The problem is that the DVD image doesn't show anything but a black screen both in the preview and full screen view when it should be showing the video. The audio plays fine and I even see a difference when engaging or not engaging the e-brake (screen turns black when e-brake engaged and blue when e-brake off). I've tried several commercial DVDs and get the same results. Everything else about the Entune package seems to work fine.

Any ideas? Could there be something in my settings that is causing this problem?

Jon