1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Meet my Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Steamboatsig, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I posted pics in the main forum, but I thought I should post a few pics here considering I am a newbie. I really wanted the Magnetic Grey, but I am happy with the Classic Silver. I took her to Vegas this weekend and she did really well on the highway. Passing cars was no problem and cruising at 75mph netted me about 42 mpg. We did the loop up at Red Rocks National Park too! I was enjoying the drive so much, I forgot to pull over and take pictures of the car.

Mods so far:
    De-badged
    Removed front license plate bracket
    Silverstar Fog Lights
    JL Audio 10" W3V2 4 ohm
    MTX 421d Thunder Amp w/ External Bass Controler

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nice looking Prius! I see you added Silverstars on the fog lamps. What is the model # on the lamps? Did you see any difference on brightness? Are the lamps the same wattage as the OEM bulbs?

42 mpg is not bad. I am sure the more you drive, that mpg will go higher and higher every tank full.:cool:

3. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Silverstar 9006. 55w.

No noticable difference in light output, but they match the HID's color better.

I understand there is a Silverstar Ultra that is even whiter. I would get those.

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is great! Thanks. 9006 bulbs are pretty abundant and if I am not mistaken our local Wally mart carries them. As for the ultras....that is a possibility, however I have a hunch they may cost more than the regular silverstars.

5. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, they cost more, and I don't think it is worth the extra money since they don't add any additional usable driving light.

I am warning you now though, the Silverstars do not have a long life.