1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Meeting with the dealer what to ask?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by NJE, Jun 28, 2012.

1. NJE

NJE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I found a dealer with the Prius C in stock that I want and am meeting with them this week. We have discussed price and I am confident they are offering a fair deal, slightly under sticker after a few rebates. What other questions should I ask? What kind of warranty should I expect or get? I have financing through my credit union in the low 2% would Toyota even come close? Any help this forum could offer would be great! I am excited to join the community.

2. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I would definitely tell them about what rate you are getting and see if they can beat it. Mine did! They will talk to you about the warranties and extended warranty plans so you don't have to worry about that. Welcome to the forum!!! What trim and color are you looking at?

3. NJE

NJE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I am looking at the Black C2. What warranty does everyone think is the best deal? Should I just take the default?

4. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I went ahead with the default from Toyota. Didn't buy any extended warranty - simply because I believe in Toyota and I thought that I can find a better use for $2500+ which they were charging for extended warranty, maintenance and tires.

5. NJE

NJE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow $2,500 for an extended seems like a lot for a reliable car especially with the hybrid basic warranty at 10 years/100,000 miles

6. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I guess 10y/10,000m is for CA. Here in TX hybrid components have 8y/80,000 miles warranty. BTB 3y/36K and power train is 5y/60K miles if I am not mistaken.

7. purplewithenvy

purplewithenvy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is the same warranty here in Washington state

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    CARB states are 10 years/150000 miles or 8 years/100000 elsewhere. I believe NJE jumbled the numbers. I wouldn't offer your interest rate. If TMF offers a higher rate just say "I can get lower". See how low they will go.

Skip all the extras. If the extended warranty is a good deal for the buyer then why buy the POS car?

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm pretty sure the Prius c does NOT have a 10 year/150K mile HV battery warranty. Looks like the longest warranty on anything is 8 years/100K miles.

See http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omms/T-MMS-12PriusC/pdf/2012_Toyota_Prius_C_WMG.pdf. We discussed this on battery warranty | PriusChat. OP should really double check the physical booklet himself.

Right now on Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Technical Manuals, if you select 2012 Prius c in the upper right then try to get the warranty and maint. guide, it's busted. One gets an error page.

10. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The odds of using an extended warranty are so remote I find they are not worth the paper they are printed on.
    A friend and former car salesman told me that is the purest profit a dealer can take from a customer. They love it when you buy the extended warranty. Trust this, the dealership knows these odds.

If I need an extended warranty, I could be making a questionable product purchase. I have owned Toyota cars and trucks since 1989 and have never purchased an extended warranty and never needed it.

For what it's worth...It's your $$$. :)

11. mremaximus

mremaximus "I can't wait to start hammering people" Bubbles

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I just read this post, and I have the same questions about a warranty. Although I did not buy one form the dealer, I see they are a lot cheaper directly through Toyota. Other people are making me worry (non-prius owners) "whats the warranty... I know people who have had huge repair cost etc..." I know they are full of it for the most part, but it still makes one wonder. They are not talking about the Prius C however... The good news I guess, is that Toyota lets you add an extended warranty before 3/36k right? I can potentially save up if I do decide I want one.

12. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Toyota doesn't sell warranties. Dealers sell warranties. What you see on the website is the dealer's Internet Parts Dept. selling the warranty. Yes, you have 3 years/36000 miles to make up your mind.