1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MegaMPG's Introduction.. Meet my Blue Ribbon

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MegaMPG, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MegaMPG

MegaMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys!

I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My name is James, I am 20 years old, and I just leased my first Prius.

Before owning the Prius, I owned a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 v6, 2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4, and a 2005 BMW 330ci.

Recently I just hit 100k on my BMW, and with gas prices rising ever so quickly, and driving 12k a year I was in the market for a new car. While I searched all over for a good gas-sipping euro coupe, the fact was their was none out there. During my search I ran across an ad in the paper for 2010 Prius clearance sale. I told myself all my life I would NEVER, EVER drive a prius. Well, I walked into the dealer, test drove it, and 2 hours later drove out with it! It drove so nicely, and was overall a great car I couldn't pass it up! I decided to lease it for 3yrs, and with $4,500 down, my payments are a little under $160 a month for it, so I cant complain.

Now having owned it for three weeks and slapping on its first 1,000 miles I am in love with it. I from time to time drive my Audi and BMW and I am shocked to say this but, I enjoy the Prius drive better! :eek:

Now let me show you my baby. She came from the dealer with Bluetooth, and the illuminated door sills. I personally have installed the fog lights, 5000k HIDs, and the rocker panels. My buddy did me the favor and tinted it for me; 35% on the windows and 5% on the rear glass. I also had him put new rear speakers in since the OE ones were terrible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!!

Hmm, you re-arranged the buttons on the driver's side ;). The rheostat is in the top left instead of bottom right (cause my foglight switch is in the top left corner).

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sweet. Great story too. Welcome aboard.

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nice car! Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. For not being red, I'd say that deep blue stands out fabulously.

Sit back, enjoy the ride and remember to read your owners manual.

5. MegaMPG

MegaMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes I switched the order of the switches because at night since it doesn't glow, I could never find it. So this way I can just run my fingers down the mirror switch and then know to move over to the right.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or use the foglight switch since that one is illuminated!