1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Membership by States

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tom6850, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has TonyPSchaefer or any one else charted members by state? It appears that most members of Prius Chat are from the western states. I would be curious to see a list of members by state.

Thanks

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There is a map website somewhere that PriusChat members have placed their flags on. Someone will post a link to it, I'm sure.

In a previous incarnation, Priuschat itself had a national map and we could place our pins.

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

There is a map of Prius owners at: www.frappr.com/priusowners
    I don't think that there are many folks from PC mapped there, though.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    California will have almost all the owners.

As I pointed out in another thread, there are 5.2 million vehicles registered in Los Angeles County alone. There are only seven states with more cars than LA County.

This doesn't include Riverside, Orange, or San Bernardino counties in the LA area.

So the answer will be "Most are in California, because most of the country's cars are here!"

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Mar 7 2007, 10:56 PM) [snapback]402015[/snapback]</div>
    I recall seeing a distribution of Prius owners by state, but I don't remember where or what the numbers were like. I would expect it to be skewed toward California, even more than the percentage of all cars, because of environmental awareness, HOV lanes (and all the Hollywood celebrities :) )

6. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(razzledazzlebee @ Mar 7 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]402075[/snapback]</div>
    Map? I answered the poll question, but it'd not very fine-grained.

You can find a map at Frappr.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(razzledazzlebee @ Mar 7 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]402075[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 8 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]402675[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, not a map...and I don't see where, in the poll groupings, California fits.

9. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    While this data is a bit out of date, since it is based on the steering recall, I would imagine that the trends are about the same. Prius Owners by State

10. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys, Calfifornia sure wins. The graphs and especially the steering recall show what I was looking for.

11. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    California "wins" in both raw numbers and per capita. Oregon is #2 per capita. Then there's the DC/MD/VA per capita cluster. I think permitted HOV lane use contributes to the higher numbers in CA and DC/MD/VA. WA is #4 per capita.

Your original question, Tom, was about Prius in western states. All west coast states are in the top four per capita. On an absolute number basis, Oregon drops to #11. PA, #7 in absolute numbers, drops to #23 on a per capita basis.

I'm proud to organize the Portland Area HSD Meetup Group for Prius and other HSD vehicle owners in Oregon and southwest Washington.

12. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We live in an area without HOV lanes. We live in a very congested area, but our road system will not allow dedicated lanes. I believe that most owners here went for MPG first, then after owning one, for the pure enjoyment and workmanship built into the car. This car is FUN to drive. We do get a lot of questions and hopefully we are converting some people. I would buy this car again without the MPG being the most important feature. This is our fourth Toyota, our first one was a 1979 Corolla. I have never been disappointed with Toyota products.