1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Memorial Day ding on front bumper Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by leftie1277, May 24, 2008.

1. leftie1277

leftie1277 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What’s up everyone? Hope you all are having a good Memorial Day weekend.

Well the family and I parked the car at the beach, when we came back after a nice day I found a 2†by 2†dent in the front Bumper! This car only has 1500 miles on it ARGH! :mad:

It looks pretty ugly! I tried heating the bumper up with a heat gun and pulling the dent out with a suction cup but it didn’t work. There is no way I can get to the inside of the bumper to push the ding out myself.

I hear that the “Ding King†is ok, maybe I should call them??? A local body shop? The Toyota Dealer?

What do you guys think it will/should cost to get this dent taken out?
    Any advice is appreciated

Thanks! Matt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fwilliam

fwilliam Junior Member

I pushed out a large ding from the inside without too much trouble. It was on the side, and I had to unscrew three bolts and pop out a plastic holder to get behind it.

The bumper is so flexible that parking it in hot sunlight makes it easy to work with. I think it keeps fixing itself (returning to original shape). The day I popped it out, it was quite obvious. Several days letter, I can hardly see it.

3. la cucaracha

la cucaracha New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The ding guys can do some remarkable work. I actually saw them working on a vehicle at my Toyota dealership. If you take it to the dealer..they call the ding guy and mark it up. I have used a local ding buster guy that took a big crease out of the hood of a Honda. You can not even tell it was there. Cost $125 for the Honda dent. My car is the color of yours and I got sprayed by a gravel truck over the weekend. Sounded like bricks hitting the front end and I can't even find but one small scratch on the hood. Lucky. I was also at the beach this weekend with my Prius parked when a HUMMER idiot on his cell phone came within a fraction of an inch from doing my rear bumper in.. I screamed.. You F&*$^# Dip&^#$ at him just in time. Lucky again. Oh and I got caught in a hail storm about 2 weeks ago.. no damage. Lucky again. My car has 1800 miles on it now. Hopefully my luck will hold out and may some come your way.

4. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ding King type places from what I know, mostly work on metal dings, that I think is a plastic ding, also you can take those grill panels off, and see if you can get behind that part and push it out, maybe with a little heat it might come back as good as new or close to it.