1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

memory glitch? happen to you?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi: Funny thing happened to my 04 Prius. When I got into the car this afternoon and powered up, I noticed that my Trip A odometer had zeroed out. Thinking I might have accidently hit the reset button, I toggled to Trip B and noticed that also had zeroed out. Then, when I went into reverse, I discovered that HUMU forgot the "no beep" program I entered into his computer. I doubt that could be disabled by any accidental button pushing. When I tried to restore the no beep option, it wouldn't load.

The car performed normally all the way home (14 miles). Has this happened to any of you, and might it suggest something failing in the computer somewhere? God knows, we all suffer through Microsoft's "terminal error" messages, so maybe this is just a freak thing.

Bob

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    those are maintained by the 12v system- how're your radio presets and dash clock? and your auto window up?

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, you may want to check the connections on your 12v battery to make sure that they are not corroded.

Also, with the weather change (high heat), batteries often die. You may just have one bad cell that is allowing it to dip just under the needed voltage to maintain these things...but not low enough to cause other problems.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nothing new to add: those things are maintained by the battery. Did anyone mention the radio presets?

In my opinion, in a best-case scenario it's the battery. Worst-case: faulty wiring causing a shortage. The thought of wiring shorting out scares me.

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Radio presets are ok; power windows ok. I noticed when I tried to reinstall the "no beep backup" function, that at the point where you are holding the ODO button down, waiting for the "b=on" sequence, the dash readout reverts immediately back to "Trip A"/ "Trip B". Battery connections looked fine, no corrosion and they were tight. I think it might be heat related. I'm bringing HUMU into the dealer for the recall work next Monday and it should probably be ok until then.

Thanks for your input and ideas.
    B