1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Memory seats & mirrors?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by russcarver, Mar 25, 2009.

1. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I assume there is NOT a memory function for seats and mirrors given that I haven't seen it in any photos. Bummer as my wife is 5'2" and I'm 5'7". Unless someone knows differently? This is one thing we always look for in a new car...

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

nope, its reserved for more upscale toyota's and lexii

3. jprates

jprates https://ecomove.pt

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I really don't understand this.

Folding mirrors are almost standard in European cars mid-class now.

The 2006 Prius had the folding mirrors as an option in Japan.

Why was it so hard to put them in the European model anyway?

Is the 2x price we pay for the car not enough!?

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't know either of you, so I can't say. Perhaps you could post a photo of both of you standing in front of a bank doorway hight scale.

Tom

5. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ha ha! Good one! And I wasn't referring to folding mirrors (althought that would be nice too as we have to fold them to get both cars in the garage!) but rather memorized positions of the mirrors inside their casings.

--Russ

6. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As for memory mirrors and seats, it's as much an issue of weight as cost. The Prius needs to stay light for good mileage, and all of those motors and sensors add weight.

Tom

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll need power seats first before adding memory. Power seats add weight

8. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Awwww....man! No power seats either?? How can you have fancy features like LKA and PA w/o having something as simple as power seats?

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I told you.. weight. Yes, IPA and LKA and ACC add weight too but they're mostly computers except for the camera for the LKA and the radar unit (probably the heaviest if I had to guess) for the ACC.

Also, the TCH offers power seats so maybe Toyota doesn't want to impinge too much on the TCH. Another reason could be that the money that would've gone into power seats can be spent on offering the Adv. Tech Package, thus reducing cost for the consumer.

However, there is power lumbar support available on leather-equipped versions and that is a very welcomed addition.

10. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Avensis gets memory seats with leather package and upper equipment which then gets to be very expensive. I am not sure that they wanted to get the cost up so high as Prius already has a lot of tech that is going to give it high price.

I am guessing Prius in Europe will be at Avensis pricing or slightly lower, with comparable equipment.

11. jprates

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I personally don't give a damn for memory seats, but again this is my personal taste and I respect those who care for it.

It's the little details that we Europeans are used to from our European manufacturers that I miss. Toyota should have a better understanding of this by now, I hope.

I'm talking about folding mirrors, light sensors (turn headlights on automatically when dark), auto-close windows when locking the car, sun drapes on rear side windows, etc. Some are apparently already addressed in the 2010, others are unknown so far.

This small things don't increase the weight significantly, and are peanuts in terms of cost, certainly a lot cheaper than LKA or radar, and we still miss them.

12. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Aggreed w/ jprates - I drive my car, my wife drives hers. We rarely have to adjust seats between each other (she sits too close :-( ), but mirrors are another story. I could do w/o the added weight of power seats for the improved MPG.

13. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They key to this issue is to marry a woman very close to your size. We don't have to change anything when we switch drivers.

Tom

14. Gakubuchi

Gakubuchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am also a person that pays a lot of attention to details. And folding mirrors is a thing I would love to have because I always fold the mirrors when parking on the street. Streets in Spain are sometimes very narrow and trucks very big, so the chance of having a broken mirror is high. I will live without it, but I think adding two motors won't make a big difference in weight (cables are already there for the power mirror). I prefer folding mirrors to memory seats by far, because its almost always me who is driving, but I understand other cars will be shared, so memory seats and mirrors would be appreciated for them.

As far as light sensors, I think we will get this, along with rain sensor and HUD. If you look closely to the european pictures that fly around, you'll notice that the light selector stick (sorry, I don't know the word) has an "AUTO" position.

So I think Toyota Europe will/has exchanged LKA for HUD/rain/light sensors. For me it is perfect, as I rarely take highways so the LKA will be almost useless.

15. jprates

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahhh, much simpler than that Tom... just keep your wife away from YOUR Prius...!!! :D

16. jprates

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    You're kidding me!!!! :eek:

I was the one who originally spread the European photos on the net, and I was on Geneva this month inside the 2010, and I managed to actually MISS that detail!!!!!?!?!? UNFORGIVABLE!!!! :rolleyes:

Let me have a look again at my photos and at Toyota's... oh my...

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! YUPIIIIII!!!!

It appears at this photo:
    http://prius-pt.com/cafe/cfs-filesy....53/PRI_5F00_GMS_5F00_31_5F00_09_5F00_DET.JPG

17. Gakubuchi

Gakubuchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wow!!! I didn't have those extra-ultra-high resulution pictures and I had to zoom a little picture to somehow figure it out.
    So you had THIS picture and didn't noticed the AUTO? Very bad! :eek:

:D:D:D

18. jprates

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I know... totally unforgivable! :mad:
    If you want to have a look at all the Toyota Europe official pictures at high-res you can search my site here:

Media - Prius-PT

You are of course also welcome to join, after all we live side by side in the Iberian Peninsula...!

19. Gakubuchi

Gakubuchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Done!
    I've downloaded the pictures and joined the forum... waiting for confirmation!
    BTW, I totally forgot I alredy had those pictures!!! But I've lost them... :(

Muito Obrigado!! :)

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

You guys get HDD music?!?!?!?!?