1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

messages being cut off

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Bob Allen, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Danny and company: I noticed this morning that many of the posts are being cut off at the bottom without the little slide bar on the right which allows you to scroll down the message. This doesn't seem to be happening with longer posts of more than a paragraph, so perhaps the software that decides when to add the sliding bar on the right isn't kicking in soon enough.
    Thanks,

Bob Allen

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Could you give me an example of where this is happening?

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I sure don't see that problem now. I just posted a very long story of how I got my Prius two days ago, and the scroll bar is there. Maybe my entry was too long. Are you referring to quote boxes?

You might need to tell Danny what browser you are using.

4. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"39129)</div>
    Danny: go to the "Prius and Hybrid News" forum. Then click onto "EPA asks Toyota to lower their mileage estimates for hybrids". On the first page, about eight posts down from the top is one by "vapor pearl" that appears to be an incomplete sentence ending with "simulate". There is no scroll bar and no period at the end of the line. There were a few others I noticed, but I can't remember where I found them.
    To address the other post on this question: long posts are NOT a problem, as far as I can tell.
    I wouldn't waste too much time with this, Danny; I wondered if it might be some setting on my end.
    Bob

5. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

I thought that danny had a corrupt theme file, but I was on the site during the upgrade

here's what I did to fix the problem

refresh your page if in IE, that causes the PC (or Mac) to get the page from the server and not your hard drive.

let me know how it goes

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: EXAMPLE messages being cut off

Danny: In the Prius Main Forum, under "does #7 have auto leveling headlights?", the first two posts are cut off mid sentence with no scroll bar.
    I'm going to try the fix posted just before this one and see if that makes any difference, but first I need to determine what the directions in the fix actually mean, i.e. how do I refresh my page in IE?
    Thanks for the great effort you've put out here.
    Bob