1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Met a celebrity at Earth Day on Sunday.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Godiva, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I drove in the alternative fuel car parade for Earth Day in Balboa Park, San Diego on Sunday. Several other Priusclub San Diego members were also there, plus some other vehicles.

Behind me was a lovely Honda Insight. Turns out the owner had driven down from Seattle; got 92 mpg. His name is Bill and...he was one of the four guys that drove that Prius in Pennsylvania over 100mpg.

[​IMG]

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    neat. if it could have seated more than 2 i would have had that before i got the 2generation prius. my art teacher in college has one. she loves it.

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Huh. I thought the fantastic four were Wayne Gerdes from Chicago, Dave Bassage from WV, Dan Kroushl from PA, Rick Reese, and a Honda Civic owner lawyer from the East Coast whose name is escaping me

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What about the Japanese guy in Tokyo that got some incredible mileage, around 120 mpg?

5. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi @ Apr 24 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]244640[/snapback]</div>
    Ken@japan has written that local FE enthusiasts hit in the 90's if I remember correctly. They did hold the longest distance on a tank up until the PA run, but Prius is Japan does not have a bladder, and holds about 15 gallons of fuel.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    actually, it doesn't hold 15 gallons. It has the exact same size as ours. The reason they can hold more? They force it in. The left rear tyre is raised such that the car and hence the tank is tilted.