1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Metra kit available for Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Cristino, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Cristino

Cristino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So you will dump all of the factory functions on the touch screen?

3. Cristino

Cristino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yup! Since setting it up, I haven't touched the extra functions. The hybrid animated screen is cute but the bar on the instrument cluster gives me far more information. I'll probably lose the reverse camera though... But not for long :)

BTW, I have the v Two; no navi, no entune, etc...

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would probably miss the hands free dialing but perhaps you can get it in some aftermarket radios. I also like my model 3's navigation and XM but I realize those aren't standard on a model 2.

5. BuckyB

BuckyB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So what functions or features are you hoping to gain with an aftermarket head unit?

It will be interesting to see how your project develops. Keep us posted (with pictures!).

6. Cristino

Cristino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi BuckyB

In addition to what the Two offers I'll at least gain GPS with affordable and yearly map updates, DVD playback, full audio output in the back speakers and the ability to enter data while the car is in motion by grounding a simple wire (not that I'll do it driving at 75mph!)

In the DNX9960 I had installed in my previous car I also had HD Radio (not very useful here, though), voice dialing and navigation (not used because it hardly understood me) and playback of MPEG1, 2, DiVX, H.264, WMV9 movies from the DVD or USB drive (which I used *a lot!*).

This is something I plan to do probably in the late summer... I'm pretty sure someone will do the upgrade first. :)