1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Metro DC experiences

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by priusdcgirl, Jan 11, 2006.

1. priusdcgirl

priusdcgirl New Member

I'm in the process of contacting several dealers who are eager to order a package 7 for me or in one case sell off the lot for roughly msrp. I'm not in a huge hurry to buy but am looking for a good dealer. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks!
    -Sarah

2. FrankBrock

FrankBrock New Member

Early today I finally broke down & desided to buy a Prius. I'm getting an package 6 for $1000 under MSRP from DarCar in Frederick MD (they also have locations in Silver Springs and College Park). I negotiated the price over the phone, made a deposit by credit card, and will pick up the car this weekend. They have a couple available, and were also willing offer the same deal on unallocated cars that are due to arrive in the next week or so. I haven't completed the purchase yet (waiting until the weekend), so I can't speak to the quality of the over-all "dealer experience." So far it's been pretty painless.

Also, CarMax Toyota in Laurel MD has one #7 for $1000 under MSRP -- check their web site at www.carmax.com. I've been watching the CarMax web site for a couple of months and since Jan 1st they seem to be getting one or two new Pruis a week. It's just been in the 10 days or so that they dropped their no-haggle price to MSRP - $1000. If you see one you like move fast, since they don't seem to last through the weekend.

3. jinglestheelf

jinglestheelf New Member

I just posted my experience with 355 Toyota in Rockville, MD in this forum under the topic Good Toyota/Prius Dealers. I was very pleased with my salesperson and the dealership.

Hope this helps.