1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD and part of dash blank. 12v…MFD… something else?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rick O, May 9, 2023.

1. Rick O

Rick O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have 2009 Touring with 180k miles. Today, while listening to podcast through AUX sound cut out periodically for 3-5 seconds then returned several times After a while, I noticed the MFD panel was going blank and resetting. I also had cruise control on and whenMFD went out, “Cruise” light went out, too. But the speedometer and gas gauge portion stayed lit.

Checked 12V battery using MFD menus and it was 11.9-12.0, then jumped to 14.3 when I started engine.

I don’t see connection between MFD and CRUISE light mentioned. What should I pursue next.

thanks in advance

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that sounds a little low. i would start with a free 12v load test at auto zone to be sure

3. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    the MFD and cruise are all on a network with the cluster.. the voltage is fine, it sounds like your mfd is dead. did you ever have your cluster recall done or fix it? I chased down a complete disaster due to a bad solder joint in the cluster that controlled the speed sense to the rest of the computers and GPS