1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD does not light up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by derh2o, Nov 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

i have a 2007 with navigation. the display quit working. My first thought was perhaps a fuse blew. does anyone know which fuse I should look at?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can check the following three fuses: 15A ECU-B, 7.5A ECU-IG, 7.5A ACC. Use an ohmmeter to verify continuity, do not rely upon visual inspection.

You'll probably find that nothing is wrong with any of the fuses, in which case it would be time to look for a replacement used MFD on eBay, autobeyours.com, or a salvage yard. You'll need to remove the old MFD to determine the part number, and buy a replacement with the same number.

The MFD for nav-equipped units offers higher video resolution compared to non-nav units, hence the need to replace with the same part number.

3. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

here is what happened. the morning after my post, the car would not start and the MFD still was not working. i put a charge on the 12 v and it started. I drove it to the dealer and the problem was it needed a new 12V battery. That solved both problems