1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD fades to very dim during day with headlights on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mboneill, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mboneill

mboneill New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Over the last 2 weeks I've noticed my MFD has gone to a very dim display when the headlights are on during the daytime (cloudy and snowing). Today the display appeared to be almost off. To my knowledge I have not chaged any settings to cause this. I have the control wheel at the dimmest position, which is where it has been for 2 years.

The very dim is not there at first but fades in after a while (20-30sec). When I turn off the headlights sometimes I get the original brightness but others it is still dim. If the brightness returns to the original and the headlights are switched on the MFD again fades .I've checked other posts and the manual but can't determine the root cause.

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You say you've checked the dimmer knob on the left side of the wheel?
    Make sure it is rolled all the way up, it should have a little resistance when you try and put it in or take it out of its brightest setting. If this isn't it, I have nooo clue. Sorry.

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Have you adjusted the brightness in the settings on the MFD itself? I have changed mine when it is very bright to a brighter setting, and lowered it at night when driving in a very dark area. Sorry, but off hand I can't remember how I got there, but I think it was the "settings" button. (Or info). There is a separate adjustment for day and night. This should be in your manual though I thought.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Roll the dimmer all the way up to its BRIGHTEST position, not the dimmest position. It will click into place, and cause the MFD to return to daylight mode.

Alternately, you can select Daylight Mode from the MFD soft button.

Tom

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, what they said....saves me the trouble of typing it out!!!
    You'll figure it out. Good Luck

6. Oddest_raindrop

Oddest_raindrop New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you press the display button there is a soft key on the screen for daymode or night mode. Night mode dims the display with the dimmer when ever the lights are on. This is either the headlights or running lights. day mode leaves the display bright no matter how the headlights are.