1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Failure, DICE and warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by [email protected], Dec 3, 2008.

1. billheimer10@yahoo.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a 2005 Prius with just under 36,000 miles on it and I've gotten the dreaded MFD failure. Touch screen doesn't work, Audio says not connected even though the radio plays, and AC isn't connected even though it works. And very slow to power up. I've taken it to the dealer, they've said it will cost $900 for a new unit and that its a known problem. I've protested with the dealer, and I've also gone to the Toyota customer service, etc to complain about it. It seems that there have been some posters who have had success with their dealerships, any specific things I could say? I'm under 36k but they're claiming that the warranty ended earlier this year.

Also, I do have a DICE unit, it seems like unplugging it/plugging it back in might solve the problem, but the dealership didn't mention that at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks