1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD failure in 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Citylaurel, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Citylaurel

Citylaurel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The touch screen hasn't been working for months, but I was more or less okay with just ignoring it (the lack of radio and temperature controls was annoying, but survivable since I still had the steering wheel buttons) because the display - most importantly my back up camera - was still working.

Today that stopped being the case. All I'm seeing are vertical lines in shades of blue, black, and white. Is this the whole unit giving up? If so, I'm fairly confident that I can follow the various YouTube tutorials to replace it, but I'm not sure how to find the specific part number I need.

Help much appreciated!

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep sounds like it had a good run.
    You can buy new, or you can Google around and find places that sell rebuilt ones.
    Buying a used one would be risky since it may end up in the same condition as the one you currently have.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    City,

There are several good videos on youtube on how to remove the MFD. It really does only take 10 minutes. You'll need to get the model number off the back of the MFD to ensure any replacement you purchase is the exact same model number. It will look similar to this label sticker. This MFD is from a 2007 with Nav and b/u camera. The "86110-47220" is the model number.

IMG_0433.JPG