1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Glitch or "feature"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alanhu99, Jun 3, 2005.

1. alanhu99

alanhu99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had a strange event on my 2005 Tideland #6 a couple of days ago. After driving approx 8 miles following a tank fillup, my mileage reading just reset itself to zero. I was driving with both hands on the steering wheel, wasn't touching any buttons and suddently, the mileage went to 0 and the mpg reading changed also.

I drove about a mile back home, and after a power down and engine cool down, started up the car, and the mileage and mpg showed the correct reading again - ie. 9 miles & 49mpg. Hmmmm, software glitch?

What do you guys make of this? :?

Alan

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, weird. It's normal for there to be a delay after fill up and if you'd said it occured a mile after fill up then you drove 8 more miles and it was ok I'd say that's normal.

In your case, that's a little weird and I don't think it's normal. I think I'd just watch for it again.

How many miles, what model year, etc.

3. alanhu99

alanhu99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, it's weird and I will most certainly monitor the situation to see if it happens again. I will post again if it re-occurs.

We got our Prius in Feb 2005 and it has 3500 miles on it.

Alan

4. Keller Prius

Keller Prius New Member

I had some weird gremlins like that once and found I had a leak in the tail light assembly. Water was getting into the trunk and getting all of the electronics wet/humid. Check for water or moisture in the trunk...where the tire is.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

That shouldn't affect the MFD tank info though.