1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD issues, screen black and stuck in boot sequence.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gabbegat, May 12, 2024.

1. Gabbegat

Gabbegat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello, this is my first forum post. I own a 2008 Prius with 7 buttons on the MFD and drivers seat on the left side.

The MFD has been faulty for almost a year and under this time it has tried to start ( buttons illuminates and then turn of, on repeat.) once or twice the display actually turns on and functions. When you start the car next time it is dead. Checked fuses, got good load in the start battery, even tried with a brand new one just to see if there were any difference.

I have been trying different things to locate the issue like inspecting the 60pins, all looked healthy no cracks. Can't see or smell any burnt areas, nor any other easy problem to diagnose. I am stuck on what to do next. Tried to search for schematics or similar but no luck, only the other threads where they replace the digitizer or solder the joints for the 60 pins.

When i open the MFD and i tried plugged it in so I saw the two fans, they were spinning which means it do get power, so can't be a blown fuse.

I did find one thread that might be linked to my problem but not 100% sure. In this thread brenty411 suggest that it is the main processor that needs re-soldering. So i will try that tomorrow and see if it helps.
    MFD White Out / Boot Loop | PriusChat

Pretty stuck right now, anyone got any good idea what next step can be?

#1 Gabbegat, May 12, 2024
    Last edited: May 12, 2024