1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD/MMID Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ChrisRev, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ChrisRev

ChrisRev New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, I'm on the verge of buying my first Prius and have found a great looking 59 plate T3. Before I ask my question I have looked on Google to find the answer to this and I can't make head nor tail of the answers because they seem contradictory so please go easy on me.

It has what I'm assuming is the CD player and then the screen with all the radio info in the centre of the dash whereas the T-Spirit has a multifunction display/mounted multi-information display in its place. Is there any way that I/somebody competent would be able to install the MFD/MMID in place of the standard fitting?

I don't know whether it's as simple as installing a cd player in a car and would just involve removing the existing bit and sticking the MFD in its place and connecting it or if it involves something far more complex.

I'm not asking for the technical process involved, merely whether it is possible to do and whether it would cost a fortune or can be done at a sensible price.

Thanks for your time!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Translation: 59 Plate T3 is a 2009 Entry Level Prius while the T-Spirit is the 09 high end model.

3. BuckyB

BuckyB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Err... what's a MFD/MMID?