1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD oddity - TS and Info on wheel not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bruceha_2000, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm not sure just what happened, it corrected itself on 'reboot' after I got to my destination. In any case I figured I'd report it and if anyone has had a similar occurrence, they might chime in.

Driving to MA yesterday, as I do most Mondays. I tend to alternate between the map and the consumption screen. At some point I could no longer get any action on the map by touching it. In addition, pressing the Info button on the wheel yielded a 'beep' but no screen change. I found that if I hit the Info button on the MFD 'surround' I could choose trip Info and press the screen to go between Consumption and Energy. It still would not switch with the steering wheel button. However, when on Energy, the Trip Info icon was still showing and when I went to Consumption, some of the energy arrows still showed. If I left it on one of those screens, it eventually bounced back to the Map screen. If I went to the radio or climate screens, it would also return to the Map even if the prior screen was Consumption or Energy.

Very confusing. All better when I shut down and powered back up some 80 miles later at my destination. It worked as usual on the 190 mile return trip.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have a DICE?

3. bbald123

bbald123 Thermodynamics Law Enforcement

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Interesting. I had a similar situation with my 2008 except it was the Nav system and the associated MFD and wheel buttons.

It also corrected itself after a power off cycle and has not recurred.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No and I don't even know what it is. :) The only 'connected into the car' mod I have is the CT EV switch.