1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD on Package 3 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Roger3125, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Am I the only one or did the manual with the 2006 models leave out the explanation for the MFD. It appears in my manual most of the space is taken up for an exhausting explantion of the radio and navagation system. When I try to match up my dispayed with a pictur in the manual I find few if any.

To this day I remain dumbfounded by several of the icons of the different screens. Each time I hit one it seems to get me in trouble.

Am I the only one?

Thanks all
    Roger3125

2. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll have to pull out my manual again, to refresh my memory. But, I do remember that it shows 3 types of MFD displays, and the Package 3 I have has the "Type 2", I believe it was called. The "Type 1" is the BASE Prius MFD, and the "Type 3" is the NAV-equiped MFD, if I'm not mistaken. Does that clear anything up? :blink:

3. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Mar 30 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]232569[/snapback]</div>

I also have and 06 PKG 3 type 2 and installed a 6cd changer. If you have a cd changer installed under the radio, can you tell me if the MFD displays the Disc# and Track# of the disc being played on the CD changer. For some reason mine doesn not, - is this normal??

4. j24816

j24816 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ Mar 30 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]232465[/snapback]</div>

I fully agree, the manual is next to useless in explaining the MFD, particularly the Climate, Energy, and Consumption displays. (When I asked the dealer at delivery (Manhattan Beach Toyota) to explain the displays I was told to "Read the Manual"!) Fortunately I found PriusChat and am getting my questions answered.