1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD replacement not workin just like the one before

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jemari, Jul 27, 2024 at 3:36 PM.

1. Jemari

Jemari New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I bought my Prius with the screen not working it always said “check the connection of the air conditioner” and the audio is off my new replacement just came in today and it didn’t work was just the same thing. I looked all over the place and still can’t find a video or nothing about it any suggestions on what the problem may be? If ik prius were this difficult I wouldn’t had gotten it

Also my mfd doesn’t show anything from the outside temp, the mile range, or if any of the arrows that show the battery is being charged

#1 Jemari, Jul 27, 2024 at 3:36 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2024 at 7:34 PM
  2. Jemari

Jemari New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey so I had bought a new MFD for my 2005 Prius nd it still shows “check the connection of the air conditioner” and the audio still doesn’t work. I went back to check each connection and there is a white and red wire that doesn’t even have a connection to anything on the MFD or anywhere else behind it. Any suggestions on what to do the MFD I bought was tested in another Prius also and worked but in mines it just doesn’t. Need help I don’t wanna have to pay for an overpriced repair. The MFD also doesn’t show the fuel range or if the battery is being Charged or not

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did that connector go in the Prius where you tested the newly acquired MFD?