1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Reset

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know something like this has been discussed before. I'm not sure where it is or specifically what, but I've filled over 10 litres of fuel and the avg fuel consumption meter did not reset automatically. It did say that it will if I fill more than 10 litres of fuel. Any reason why? I did move a block down the road before I reset it manually.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    10 liters....that's only like 2.5 US gallons or so right?? That doesn't seem enough to fill the tank so I wouldn't really want or expect the MFD to reset.

But, assuming you have that info from a reliable source I suspect you're just not being patient enough. I'd say it takes a good 30 seconds, with a full tank, to see the reset. With a less than full tank (albeit 10 liters added), I'd think the system would be 'trying to decide' if it should reset for even longer....Drive a good 5 minutes some time and see if it resets, and if so how long it takes.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the tank holds roughly 45 liters so you problably won't get a re-set till you add about 20-23 liters. I know for sure 18 won't do a re-set.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

ok let me qualify that, it was in the summer and quite warm outside and I was showing over half a tank and put in 17.8 liters and it didn't do a re-set. Cold weather and it might as the bladder is like most people "get cold and don't hold as much."

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... I remember it resetting once before I even left the petrol station when I filled it up to the top back in Oct. So maybe yes, I have to fill more than what I did and possibly in conjunction with the cooler temps we had. Alright thanks! I'll keep an eye on it!

P.S. I believe the 10 litre rule was in the owner's manual. But then again, with the bladder, it's hard for the computer (and us) to gauge.