1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mfd resolution

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dapastaguy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dapastaguy

dapastaguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have seen another post asking about this but it was dated 2006 so I am hoping someone has some information. I installed the lockpick and have attached my computer. Using a composite vidoe cable I get the image on the screen but it is off center and not entirely on the sacreen. Plus the image is slighlty fuzzy. I need to know the resolution and the refresh rate if possible as I am going to try using powerstrip as a software fix. If I can get this done I will then install CoPilot GPS software and be on my way. I just wish I could use the touchscreen instead of a trackball/mosue and keyboard

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The screen should be 800x480 with a refresh rate of 60. I think the lockpick uses a composite video so your display will be blurry anyway but with the proper resolution it should look good enough for computer use in the car. You may want to try 640x480 because at the resolution composite video looks pretty good.

3. dapastaguy

dapastaguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks - I want the biggest resolution possible so, if I can fool XP into a 640x480 it would be great

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Power strip should let you do 640x480 with ease.

5. dapastaguy

dapastaguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My son suggested that and I have already downloaded. Once I get a firm handle on the MFD resolution I will set it up and force the numbers to get what I want.