1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD screen problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by elecblue, Jul 26, 2007.

1. elecblue

elecblue New Member

Today my wife parked the '05 Prius valet, and since we've picked it up, the MFD doesn't work correctly. It keeps switching between the 2 energy monitor screens automatically every 15 seconds. I can't turn it off no matter what I try. It allows me to go to another screen for only 2 seconds, before automatically transfering back to the main energy monitor screens.

This is annoying (especially the beep) to say the least.

I have installed Norm's CAN-View (PHEV functions), but not sure if this makes a difference. I disconnected the CAN-View and I still get the same crap.

I do have the NAV function.

I would like to avoid the hassle of the dealer for now, but I will take the car as a last resort. It's just that I don't take too kindly to them - they try to rip off the public too much.

Any ideas as to what to do about this?

-Todd (GreyPearl)

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elecblue @ Jul 26 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]485854[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, that's bizarre behavior. I guess the moral is never let a valet park your car. :-(

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    new one on me too.

4. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Almost seems like the button is stuck. Try taking a micro flathead screw driver and pull out the buttons. Or reset your MFD...which sucks :(