1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD shows No battery level, no Triangle of Death

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jerry G., Jun 5, 2023.

1. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,
    Ok, have a 2005 that was sitting for over a year. I had to install a new MFD because old one was illegible. Car comes to “ready” but MFD shows no bars on the display. I put the car in drive, Triangle comes on, take it out and put it in park, Triangle goes away.

Btw, I just refurbished another traction battery, which Ive done several times before on other Gen 2’s and swapped it out for the old battery (which I will rebuild). I installed it and know its good. I swapped out the battery ECU to see if the battery monitor would change on MFD but I get the same thing. Would a bad ECU or sensing wire on the orange harness cause this? The connector is fine, no corrosion and so is the ECU. Yes, the orange safety interlock is in and snapped down.
    Any thoughts??
    Thanks everyone :)

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does the driver's door switch work properly? (that's one cause for master warning light)

If the MFD you installed is the exact same number as the old one, I would want to scan the entire car for codes - specifically any communication faults.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.