1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Went off and nothing works

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prasad adikari, Nov 11, 2012.

1. prasad adikari

prasad adikari New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hi
    i am owning 2008 Prius 2nd gen car since last may 2012, 2 days before when i was stooped and restarting he car my main display screen wont work and touch screen wont work either. after that i reset the car and kept it for 5 minutes. it works after the reset and went on to 260Km. today morning when i start the car same problem appears and cannot fix it like last time by during the resetting the system. dose anyone have similar problem. if so kindly give advice me to overcome this problem..

thanks regards
    prasad from srilanka

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like a simple failure of the MFD. It will have to be replaced.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By "main display" do you mean the dashboard display which includes the speedometer, fuel gauge and others? In that case yours may be eligible for replacement under warranty (paid for by Toyota):
    Combination Meter Warranty Enhancement | PriusChat

4. fileaudio

fileaudio Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    One
    my mdf is turned on but doesnt show battery bars whwhellwonly wheels are spining on monitor but mpg doesbt change... yesterday I used the dome lights 2hours and battery went dead.. after jump start it the fail started